We're a bit late this week owing to some technical difficulties, but here we are now. The shownotes about the unseasonably warm weather are going up a) After we hit an all-time record temperature for any day in February (71F), and b) When it's 40 something outside right now after a week in the 60's. My timing stinks.
This episode is all about spring, and specifically filled with songs I'd like to blast out of my car with the windows down in Spring (and one President's Day song about the assassination of Lincoln). I think this is one of my better episodes musically, and it sounds sharper now that I've re-cut it (seriously, be careful if you're listening at high volume; the sibilance when I talk is kind of painful; really need to start putting this shit through filters when I record at home).
The reason for the delay is that something went wrong with WXRW's Soundcloud recorder, and when the episode was posted, it was 10 to 15db higher than what I thoug…
Here is what you want to hear! It's request time again, and interestingly enough, most of the songs this week are new music, so this is like the other side of the coin from Episode 76. (The definition of "New" being from the last year and I haven't heard of it until now, I guess.)
Anyway, take a listen to the things you told me you wanted to listen to!
[P.S.: The beginning of the episode is the end of the previous time slot; they went a little long]
1. "Artificial Insanity" Marky Sound For Sight
2. "Rage In The Bull" Marky Sound For Sight
3. "When Cats Go Shopping..." Ali Abrar
4. "Hallelujah Money" Gorillaz & Benjamin Clementine
5. "Cloud 9" Jamiroquai
6. "Automaton" Jamiroquai
7. "Happy Funky Funtime / Winters In Wisconsin" Mike G
8. "Funeral For Yesterday" Kittie
9. "Ornament" Gone Is Gone
10. "Love Is A Lie" Beth Hart
11. "Percogesic" Galant
This week, we're taking a listen to songs that are either new or just new to me. The only song older than 12 months is the tribute to John Wetton, who passed away recently, so I had to represent with some King Crimson from '74. Enjoy the music and hit me up @Nicholasnutter on Twitter (or in the comments section here) if you want to hear something for next week's request show!
1. "Stack It To The Ceiling" E-40 2. "Talk To Me" Run The Jewels 3. "Kirby" Aesop Rock 4. "Wow Wow" Neil Cicierega 5. "Sectarian" Soen 6. "Phantom Self" Sepultura 7. "Feed The Machine" Nickelback 8. "Sorry" Beyonce 9. "One More Red Nightmare" King Crimson 10. "Same Ol' Mistakes" Rihanna 11. "Dump On Trump" The Night Howls 12. "Alarm Clock" Masta Artisan / Rakontyr Clique
Because this episode of Expect The Unexpected is all about the 2017 Royal Rumble, because it's me talking for an hour and explains itself in pretty thorough detail and because I only played one song at the end which is about the Royal Rumble itself (also because I got bored during the broadcast and started looking at old blogs of mine), I've decided to do something a little different. Today, I'm bringing back the series that I started last year called "It's Time To Rumble", where I do a statistical breakdown of Royal Rumbles past (in this case just past) and see what the hell happened. So with that in mind, here's the episode if you want/need a recap of Royal Rumble 2017:
1. "Royal Rumble 2017" Mega Ran
And here's the latest installment of "It's Time To Rumble":