POETRY FRIDAY #002: Now Now, Don't Be So Hasty...


I suppose if I was feeling particularly uncreative, I could call this "Ballad Of The Last Five Years" and be done with it, because damn has this been the struggle. I've always known it would be a lot of work to get a poetry book, several music projects and, God knows, maybe even a novel off the ground, and, hell, maybe even get paid for some of it someday, but one of the things that stopped me was the increasing sense that none of it matters. If no one else cares, should I?

Yes.

Art is a personal expression. If you stop caring about expressing yourself, if you stop caring about yourself, it gets real hard to find a point in anything outside yourself real quick. That dog chased its tail through my mind for awhile and it's taken a complete upheaval of society as we know it to snap me out of it even a little. I hope this is an analysis of past me and not my destiny to return to, because dammit, life is too fucking short. Don't throw it away.

Comments

Popular Posts